-->

Friday, August 16, 2013

Book Review: Dotty written by Erica S. Perl and Illustrated by Julia Denos

click here to purchase this book on Amazon
Did you every have an imaginary friend as a child? I know several of my friends did. I never had one of my own but I did have quite the imagination. This book took me down memory lane. It's a story about a little girl and her imaginary friend Dotty. Dotty is a great story to illustrate imagination and loyalty. 


Ida, the little girl in the story, carries a blue string as a leash for Dotty just like the picture below. After reading this book have your child make their own imaginary friend. Use construction paper, crayons, glue sticks and yarn to make one like Dotty or get creative and make a completely different one. Imagination is the key with this cute book and activity. 
Photo 2




















No comments:

Post a Comment