Signs of the Baby Blues (http://www.pregnancy-info.net/baby_blues.html)
Symptoms of the baby blues are generally mild and can include:
- Mood Swings
Chasing Those Blues Away (http://www.pregnancy-info.net/baby_blues.html)
The baby blues often disappear one their own. However, here are some things you can do to help ease the symptoms and help yourself feel better, sooner.
- Exercise regularly
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet
- Join a support group for new mothers
- Make time each day to do something you enjoy
- Give yourself a change of scenery by meeting with a friend for a cup of coffee or enjoy an evening out on the town with your partner
- Talk with your partner about dividing up the parenting responsibilities so you don’t feel like you are doing everything by yourself
- Are you feeling sad or depressed?
- Do you feel more irritable or angry with those around you?
- Are you having difficulty bonding with your baby?
- Do you feel anxious or panicky?
- Are you having problems with eating or sleeping?
- Are you having upsetting thoughts that you can’t get out
of your mind?
- Do you feel as if you are “out of control” or “going crazy”?
- Do you feel like you never should have become a mother?
- Are you worried that you might hurt your baby or yourself?