About 5 years ago I was driving in southern California with my cousin and close friend. We were on the I-5 I believe and our gas tank was empty; to the point that we thought we might be pushing our rental car back to the hotel. We could not find a freeway exit with a gas station nearby to save our lives. Here in Utah you can see gas stations from anywhere as you drive the I-15 so this was bizarre for us! We decided to pull off, drive for a bit and then ask someone if we became that desperate. We became desperate. We pulled into some drive-in fast food restaurant, rolled down the windows and yelled to the seemingly frightening boys at the table. "Hey do you know where the nearest gas station is?" They all turned and looked at us as if we were from another planet or at least another decade and said, "don't you have an app for that?" We still had flip phones at this time and were quite caught off guard. We had no idea what an app even looked like at this point. Needless to say they were of no help and we drove off feeling lost in the technology world. The point of my story?
#1: THERE IS AN APP FOR EVERYTHING!
#2: Flip phones are apparently out of style.
#3: If you have a smart phone and a baby, kids or you're pregnant this is for you!
APPS for Mommies:
- LactMed-is a database of drugs and dietary supplements that may affect breastfeeding. It includes information on the levels of such substances in breast milk and infant blood, and possible adverse effects in the nursing infant. Suggested therapeutic alternatives to those drugs are provided, where appropriate.
- iBreastfeed- iBreastfeed provides tools and resources to help you successfully breastfeed!
- Get information on the benefits of breastmilk, breastfeeding and breastpumping tips, breastmilk storage guidelines and instant access to other online resources.
- Baby Feeding Log-Quickly log baby feedings, sleep and diaper changes. Easily see the last feeding time and what side was used.
- Speedy Tot-Easy to use app to find changing stations,feeding spots and highchairs.
- Pump@work-pump@work simplifies the features you love about spreadsheets and hand written pumping logs in a chic, digital format for the busy mom heading back to work. pump@work is a stress-reducing solution to pumping, storing and providing just the right amount of milk for your infant each day.
- My Cycles-Get the best period and ovulation tracker now! My Cycles takes all the guesswork out of tracking your period and predicting your ovulation window. Trying to conceive? Want to know when to expect your next period? This period calendar app is for you!
- ipregnancy- iPregnancy is THE PREMIER APPLICATION for keeping track of your pregnancy! Others have tried to duplicate the features found in this program, but this is the only pregnancy app actually written by a practicing Ob/Gyn!
- Parenting Ages & Stages-With parenting guides from newborn through school years, the Ages & Stages app provides the most targeted information on child development and parenting milestones.