EVERYDAY LEARNERSOur vision for the children of Utah County is that they are all ready to start and stay in school. We want everyone to be an EveryDay Learner, but our goal is to have at least 10,000 individuals to commit to being EveryDay Learners.
EveryDay Learners are residents of Utah County who are making education a top priority—in their own lives, in their families, in their neighborhoods and in their community.
- EveryDay Learners is a new initiative that is focused on our community rallying around our children succeeding in school and beyond. Learning opportunities are everywhere, we just need to help children realize and take advantage of the opportunities
- The success of a child in school is important and affects our whole community, not just the child.
- United Way of Utah County has set a goal to recruit 10,000 EveryDay Learners in the next three years. Many people are already EveryDay Learners!
- You can be an Advocate: Some ideas are: Start a homework club, Learn the children in your neighborhood's names, Ask a child about his/her favorite book
- You can be a Volunteer: Some ideas are: Read with children at schools, daycare's, or other organizations, Tutor (usually a 3-6 month commitment), Mentor a child weekly for at least a year or mentor new parents on how to raise healthy children
- LIVE UNITED by becoming an EveryDay Learner!
- Our Welcome Baby Volunteers can sign up to be an EveryDay Learner! You are already an EveryDay Learner by visiting our families and teaching parents how to raise healthy children.